The big secret to Team Zealios is that we're all athletic and active, but in very different ways. This was recently proven at our frisbee golfing team outing! If you combined the abilities of all five of us, then you would get a near perfect athlete, in our humble opinion. We also know you can tell a lot about a person by what they carry in their bag. Gear junkies, take note. It's time for a rousing edition of 'What's In the Bag of the Average Age Group Athlete That They Don't Get Sponsored for Using!'
Brandy: Trail Running Master
- Salomon running vest - snug fit with all the pockets for all the things (and snacks)
- Buff Original Multifunctional Headwear - the perfect neck gaiter, sweat collector, cooling wrap and now a mask!
- Katadyn BeFree Handheld Water Filter - always a good idea to be prepared for anything including running out of water.
- Patagonia Houdini Jacket - this jacket packs up so small and folds into itself, no case to worry about or lose!
- Salt Stick Chews Lemon Lime Flavor - these are a lifesaver on longer runs to keep your electrolytes balanced and feelin' energized.
- Spring Nutrition Hill Aid Mango Flavor (all the flavors are amazing!) - if you haven't checked this company out you should! No sugar added, real food and real yummy gels. These are one of the only gels that don't give me GI issues on really long runs. Chances are your local running store carries them. For Bend locals, head to FootZone.
- A Ziplock Baggie - wrappers can easily fall out of your pack - toss them in a ziplock to make sure you leave no trace and keep the trails lookin' fabulous.
- Zealios Sun Barrier + Betwixt packets - of course I won't set out on my long weekend run without a stash of sunscreen and anti-chafe in my vest.
Austin: Fly Fishing Aficionado
- Sun Barrier- Great for fishing because it doesn't leave my hands greasy, stays on through the water, and works!
- Parachute Adams Fly - my good friend Conor from the Conservation Alliance calls it the Swiss Army Knife of the Deschutes.
- Fly-Agra - the best fly floatant on the market!
- My lucky Firestone Lager hat (Wildflower memorabilia!)
- Patagonia Tropic Comfort Hoody - keeps the sun and bugs off but still breathes really well. It also dries fast after I inevitably fall in.
- Whatever other flies the good folks of Fly and Field Outfitters recommend!
Stacey: Super Swimmer
(How we all learned that swimmers carry A LOT of stuff)
- Speedo Teamster Backpack
- Zealios Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash - Travel Pack for a lighter load
- Zealios Lotion for after swim dry skin
- Zealios Race Relief for after workout recovery
- Zealios Sun Barrier in a handy refillable travel bottle
- TYR Womens Cutoutfit Training Suit - 100% polyester to last longer!
- TYR Catalyst Stroke Training Paddles
- TYR (front mount) Swim Snorkel
- Kiefer Pull Buoy - old school style...because every swimmer has something they've used for decades
- Kiefer Swim Fins - long blade for extra propulsion and ankle flexibility
- Speedo Vanquisher EV Mirrored Goggles - royal blue/light gold metallic lens...great for indoors or darker settings
- Love is Love Pride Silicone Swim Cap - A Daniela Klaz (open water swimmer) design. $5 from every cap purchase is donated to the Trevor Project.
- Speedo Team Kickboard
Rachel: Track Running Maestro
- Oiselle Runner Trucker: Bungee cord closure fit for small noggins
- Goodr BGF's Sunglasses: Stay put power
- Skratch Drink Mix: Hydration Station!
- Jaybird headphones: pump it up before the speed-work begins
- Garmin Forerunner 245: Did you really run if you didn't record the splits?
- Smashfest Queen water bottle: Every runner has their favorite bottle.
- Race Relief: Start the recovery process before I head off the track
- Mini band: the thing we all love to hate: glute activation.
- Picky Bars: My go-to snack before and after a workout
Kevin: Mountain Biking King
- Dakine Hot Laps Hydration Waistpack
- Rudy Project Cutline photochromatic sunnies
- Pedros chain lube
- Specialized dual gel gloves
- Sun Barrier
- Air inflator and cartridge
- Crank Brothers bike tool
- A beer- depending on how long the ride is, anything over a mile needs a refreshment break =)
- Some sort of sustenance, usually a mix of Clif Nut Butter and Picky Bars